Wallpaper +therpy

You would think how can removing wallpaper be therapeutic?

For me it was, it was a total release.

I wallpapered my bathroom 12 years ago when we first moved into our house. We had so many dreams for our home and our growing family.

My style then was one I admired, one for the time period in history. And two because all the other Titus 2 women I followed seemed to have a similar style.

When designing my home in the first few years, my heart and soul went into how I wanted it to be. How it should look, what the look reflects, How I wanted my husband and children to feel about it.

There was a lot of emotion tied up into my home. Partly I think because I moved quite a bit as a child, but always considered my grandparents house my "home" , my safe place, my warm spot, and the soft place to fall. For many years it was that. For me, My mom, my cousins. etc. It still is for me now because my mom is there. There is a certain level of attachment to the home. Not really the physical home but the emotions, and memories IN the home.

When we bought our home I couldn't wait to "create" this same atmosphere. This same sense of peace, love, warmth, understanding, love, joy.

I wanted to create that soft place to fall. 

We filled out tiny home with children, and memories.

Good, bad and ugly.

The inside of these four walls have seen Joy, Love, Dreams, Pain, Anger, Anguish, Heartache.

Back to the wallpaper. Today I decided to get rid of the wall paper in my bathroom.

With each swirl of the wallpaper tool, I felt a pang of excitement.
I sprayed the walls with my vinegar solution.. and began to peel the paper off.
Using my paper chef spatula~ :)
With each swipe, I felt such a relief.
I was playing worship music in the back round  and I could feel the release of unrealized dreams, of shattered hearts, of just emotional pain I've been hanging onto.
I was communing with God.
The music, the motions.. 

The wiping of the walls reaffirmed my Father always washing the slate clean. He will never turn from me.

The blank wall waiting for something new.. Remind me it's ok to start new. A fresh start is good. A new beginning.

My oldest daughter has been out of my house for some time. She comments quite often that, I'm breaking tradition on certain things.  I've come to realize that's ok.
She's moving on with her life and I will move on with mine and my other children, creating new memories, new traditions. And it's Ok to do that.

God has always remained faithful to me, his servant.
My desire is still the same, serve my God, Love my husband, Love my children, Honor my mother and father. Teach my children His ways, and do so to the best of my ability.

My brokenness, my repentance, my forgiveness by my savior has been realized.

My broken dreams are gone, my heart has accepted what is and is ready to move forward with what will come.

Who would've thought how removing wallpaper would draw me closer still to my Lord.

Blessings~~


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cool Temps = Warm Meals

Hubby was in an accident....

Home Love Hammock Style