September...

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer."
- Helen Hunt Jackson, September, 1830-1885

I Love September!!

The air has a crisper quality about it. I can smell the ocean almost daily.
I idea of a new school year has me giddy. And not because I send my kids off to school, but because I get to be with them as they learn so many new things every day..
I love the smell of new books, I have been known to occasional huff them. :)
I love new boxes of crayons, I have 20 right now.
Glue and scissors bring back such wonderful memories for me as a kid.
You see I was the teacher as a child, I would set all my stuff animals and dolls around this little table I have in my room and pass out worksheets for them to do. :)
Then I would correct them, and walk fondly around the table patting my students heads..

Now I get to do that with my own children.

These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deut. 6:6-7

I honestly don't know how you can read Deuteronomy 6 and not realize that you belong home with your children. Being a mother is such and honor and a joy. And days are hard sometimes, it's not always perfect or peachy, but as we do until the children we are doing unto the Lord. If the Lord were to present himself right now, wouldn't you be doing everything in your power to make it a wonderful occasion! Of course you would!!!

Being their teacher is even a greater challenge and purpose. I often get down on myself, are they learning enough, is this normal, am I able???

But with God ALL things are possible and that includes homeschooling my children.
It's the Lord who has a plan for their life. (Jer. 29:11) They are in his hands.
I am just merely a tool used along the path.

OK back to September, Apples!! What more can you say about them, you ask?
Well they are perfect for picking right now, and there is many varieties available, Granny, Red Delicious, Rome, Macintosh and Cortland..Oh and they are soo good in apple pie, apple pancakes, applesauce, apple stuffing, baked apples, apple dumpling, and just warmed apples with cinnamon...

I love being able to back again and more frequently with the cooler air that September and October bring..and bringing back those favorite home cooked meals that have been gone due to summers heat.
Chicken pot pie, beef stew, lasagna, eggplant parm., roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and so much more..

Oh and Bread...my glorious bread, how I long to bake you again and taste the wholesome goodness you offer. I can't wait to fire up the wheat grinder and grind away. Then bake and eat some delicious whole wheat bread.

So while I huff glue, I mean new books..and bake and enjoy my children..I hope all of you do the same.

Blessings
Carrie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cool Temps = Warm Meals

Hubby was in an accident....

Home Love Hammock Style