A time for everything

It's been a bit of a rough week here. We lost a friend suddenly. It sounds sad, and yes we are, but we are rejoicing that he is with the Lord!! While he will be missed by us, the fact that we know he is in Almighty's presence is enough for me.



You see every Monday Night, we head to the Millers' ~ we have been attending their bible study for about 6 years now! We have come to know and love so many people there.



We have dinner and then read through the scriptures. What a blessing, to sit among God's people and listen to the word.



We all don't attend the same church, we all aren't of the same denomination, but that matters not. Because we are all like-minded in Christ.



Our fellowship is sweet and encouraging, Paul was notoriously late. And much like how Norm would enter into Cheers is what you would hear when Paul came in. He really would try to be inconspicuous, but as soon as the door opened no matter where were at in the study and resounding "Paaaul" would echo the room. He would give a quick wave and shake his curly top head at us all. Paul was an intellect sometimes I would walk away, going "what?" or "wow, I've got to look into that more" or most of time for me, "that's just beyond my comprehension" ;)

One thing that Paul wanted most was for his children and wife to come to know the Lord.
Last Monday, his family came down to see what Paul did with this Monday Nights.
They ate and fellow shipped, and then we had a sweet, sweet time of remembrance.
We shared memories of Paul, we laughed and cried, and then laughed and cried some more.
Then we sang some songs! What a beautiful time that was. Although I could not sing through alot of the songs, my heart was just breaking for his family.

My hubby especially loved Paul, they had a unique friendship of picking on eachother. :)
The last exchange my husband had with Paul was a mild insult war with eachother, and then my dear husband said to him, I wouldn't pick on you if I didn't love you. As we were leaving he said to Paul "I love you man" and gave the manly hug, handshake combo! :)
I haven't seen my husband this sad in a long time. He really appreciated Paul. My heart aches for him too. My husband has suffered so much loss in his time here on earth.
Yet he said to me, "my heart rejoices, I know he's having the best fellowship ever right now" .

I am reminded that there is a season for everything. And while we grow, love and serve the Lord together as a body. Know that I love you all!

A Time for Everything
1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, 3 a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, 6 a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, 7 a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, 8 a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.

Blessings

Carrie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cool Temps = Warm Meals

Hubby was in an accident....

Home Love Hammock Style