He is Risen! He is Risen, Indeed!!!

I love Resurrection Sunday!!!

This year couldn't have been more beautiful.

After hitting the sack at midnight the night before, I awoke at 6:30 am to birds chirping and the sweet smell of spring in the air. I laid in bed debating on weather to get up or sleep for an extra 10 minutes. After a few minutes of quiet time with the Lord, I got up.. Still had some Easter Day prep to do. Cupcakes to bake and frost, honey carrots to make.

Not to be out done, as soon as I walked past my boys bedroom door I heard "Mommy's awake" Matthew could care less. Jacob tried again to wake him and then just followed me out to see what was in his basket! :)

After letting Mr. Darcy and the puppies out, I was able to leave the back door wide open..and a cool breeze was blowing in. I made a cup of tea and started with cupcake prep.

Jake was happy with his basket, yea!

One of our Easter traditions is, we reuse the same basket. I buy nice wicker/woven baskets each time a new child comes into the family and we save them and reuse them. A couple of them are fabric lined..A couple are not. It always brings back fond memories for the kids, especially the older ones, who were like I've had this basket since I was 3years old. :)

Baskets were filled with chocolate crosses, or fish, peanut butter cups, mini choc. bunnies, twizzlers, etc. Along with a small gift for each of them, Ashley had flip flops, Emma had flip flops and a mini plant, Anna had small bunny and a mini plant, Matt had bike stuff, Jake had a mini cucumber to grow as well.

So after getting everyone ready, we headed off to church with friends. Wonderful service, wonderful morning of fellowship. After stopping for a quick snack after church we then headed to Aunt Lisa's for dinner!!

After an hours drive and hubby taking the scenic route..We arrived! :)

Aunt Lisa and Brittany were prepping and setting up for a wonderful Easter Meal!!
Appetizers:
Cheese and Crackers, Veggies and Dip, hummus, shrimp, Italian Easter Bread,(ashley made this and it was soooo good) ;)
Dinner:
We had Ham, Lamb, Sweet Potatoes, Honey Carrots, Turnips, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli Casserole, Green Beans, Gravy, and cranberry sauce.
Dessert:
Pudding Pie, Cheesecake, Cupcakes, and Carrot Cake! Coffee! yum!

In total there was about 27 people there for dinner.

The kids had a blast, as my aunt and uncle live on a farm. So there was horses, and dirt bike riding all afternoon. We managed to get them off the dirt bikes so we could hid over 125 eggs and have the egg hunt. Big Kudos to Ashley and Shawn, they hid them all!!!
We turned the kids loose and it was fun to watch them. :)
We hung out a little longer and then left. We went to our friends the Millers, where we do Monday Night bible study each week and had some more coffee, dessert, and played games.
Finally getting home at about 10:00pm. Long Day but so worth it.

There is something so surreal about being around unsaved family members during a huge Christian holiday. I love them. I want them to come know the Lord. I want to see them in eternity. I pray for them and hope that we are a good witness to them. I know how hard it is for me, who already is in the will of God, to trust and obey..I'm sure it's even harder for those who are not.

Now is the time to trust in the Lord. Repent from sin, Believe that God cares for you. Start living a godly life.

Enjoy the pics!
Blessings
Carrie





Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free photo slideshow personalized with Smilebox

Comments

  1. Aww. Thanks for posting Cuz!..Everyone looked beautiful and handsome. Wish I could of been there having fun with the family. Liliana is sooo adorable. I cant wait to snuggle with that child in June. I miss everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cool Temps = Warm Meals

Hubby was in an accident....

Home Love Hammock Style