Our Journey through Unemployment..

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future


After 24 years with his company, and after a seriously rough few weeks. My dh was let go from his job.

I have such sadness, not because he was let go but more because this was originally my grandfathers business, and with dh working there.. it was still somehow a connection to my grandfather whose been gone for several years now.

I will miss the smell of the "shop" . I will miss seeing the equipment my grandfather started out with in his garage. I will miss the familiarity of it all. It's a closing chapter for me personally. I still miss my grandfather.

For my husband, I am happy.  I can't imagine the pressure he felt in his life for him to come home from being fired and he physically looked relieved.

He said for the first time in years he can breathe! What a sense of burden he must have felt. My heart aches for him.

My husband has no fear about this. He is completely confident that the Lord will take care of us, and this.

My husband is usually a quiet man when it comes to his relationship with the Lord. But lately he has been very vocal about it. He has shared scriptures with me, he has shared his intimate feelings with me about his relationship with the Lord. And where he feels the Lord is directing this. Although he's not sure, he only knows that he will follow the Lords prompting.   He compares himself to the apostles in the boat, doubting the Jesus can calm  the seas.. except He know that Jesus has this for him!

That is amazing to me.

So I will follow his lead. I will try to not let my mind wander to places it shouldn't. I will not be fearful of the unknown. I will not worry about the future.

I will only rest in Jesus. And his plan for our family.

I look forward to sharing this journey with you.

From My Heart to Yours..
Blessings

Comments

  1. Beautiful Carrie...Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending prayers your way! Things will be OK, it's amazing how much you can cut back on when a job leaves suddenly. We know it's tough out there but faith and a good attitude will see you through just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My DH was laid off again but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise because his health took a dive for a while.God knows what He is doing so wait patiently and pray. I look forward to reading your blog.Blessings! ~ Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just reading in 1 Samuel today and it was about this. Waiting on God's timing even when things don't look or seem good. God is always working on our behalf behind the scenes. One day His promises will be fulfilled. I know God is watching over all of you and because you are trusting Him, it will all work out for the good as He promises us. Hang in there, we're all praying for you. Love ya! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. May God be with you during this time! It is neat that you already do see Him working in the situation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cool Temps = Warm Meals

Hubby was in an accident....

Home Love Hammock Style