First Day Back to Business...

Today was our first day back to a more "normal" routine.. Back to school, and so much happening.

We started off our day with Cinnamon Rolls, Ovaltine, Yogurt with granola. Yum!

Cleaned up from breakfast, started our school.

The morning went fast, before I knew it lunch was upon us. I made some chicken and cheese quesadilla and little orange segments.

I finished up with my little ones, right after lunch and the older ones went till about 2pm.

I started supper at lunch time, by throwing everything in the roaster oven..

Wednesdays are busy nights for us. We have church, older kids have youth group and younger kids are attending the Olympians program at our church.

With having children ranging from 17 down to 4 and expecting #6 soon. It seems like we are moving in so many directions. My oldest daughter attends vocational school, is driving on her own, and working 3 days a week.

Next in line, is my 14 yo old, He does SOS school and some additional book work that I give him. He did well today, and even took the time to help his younger sisters to do some of their work.

My 11 yo, did his work well today. He also cares for his rabbit.. and went from some new shoes today.. He's wearing a mens 9 1/2, His old sneakers were a 7.. Summer grew him some big FEET!!

My 7 yo is super excited about doing school, she worked diligently and was super helpful with her little sister in helping her as well.

My 4 yo, did a great job. It's amazing what they pick up just from years of hearing me teach the others.. She is working in 1st grade math book, and did her first reading lesson today..

I love,love, love 100 Easy Lessons for reading.. And I've been using the book for years!! I think since my second child. I finally bought a newly used one this year.

For bible with my younger ones we are doing a combination of the ATI Wisdom Books and The Olympians Book from Wednesday nights.

I am so blessed to be able to teach my kids at home.

My favorite scriptures for our homeschooling motto are:

Duet:

6 These are the commands, decrees and laws the Lord your God directed me to teach you to observe in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess, 2 so that you, your children and their children after them may fear the Lord your God as long as you live by keeping all his decrees and commands that I give you, and so that you may enjoy long life. 3 Hear, Israel, and be careful to obey so that it may go well with you and that you may increase greatly in a land flowing with milk and honey, just as the Lord, the God of your ancestors, promised you.

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[a] 5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on
your gates.

Psalm 127
Unless the Lord builds the house,
the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
the guards stand watch in vain.
2 In vain you rise early
and stay up late,
toiling for food to eat—
for he grants sleep to[a] those he loves.
3 Children are a heritage from the Lord,
offspring a reward from him.
4 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are children born in one’s youth.
5 Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
when they contend with their opponents in court.
 

From My Home to Yours!
Blessings~~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cool Temps = Warm Meals

Hubby was in an accident....

Home Love Hammock Style