A routine again!!! & Preparing for a Storm...

While dh was unemployed we lost all sense of routine! Because our normal "routine" was that when Daddy was home it's all about him and what he wants to do. Well when he lost his job and was home everyday we continued in that pattern. It's all me and my children had known for the past 25 years!

Now that he is back working again, Thank GOD!!! We are back to our normal routine! Yeah.. and hubby is feeling back to normal himself! Yea!!!

With that being said I wanted to talk about being prepared for a storm.. As a christian woman God calls us to be certain things..  Think Proverbs 31.  I'm going to focus specifically on the ones below and how they help me to be prepared for what is to come.

15 She gets up while it is still night;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her female servants..

Providing a nourishing, healthy meal for my family is important.. The more I read about what is in our foods the more I realize I have to be more diligent in what I purchase and really make the budget stretch in order to provide the best for them.  Keeping in budget is also just as important, my husband is the sole provider for our family, he trusts me to do what is best with the funds. By careful planning, canning, freezing etc. We are prepared for the storm.

17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks..

I can work vigorously that's for sure.. are my arms strong for the task.. they serve me well.. but the word strong means "to show great body and muscular power" .. I am working on that aspect of becoming physically stronger.. I think we are weaker in a physical sense now and days because of all the modern conveniences we have.. and we are no longer working side by side with our husbands.. There is a whole new definition to helpmate.

20 She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.

This really should be a no brainer in your everyday life, not just during an emergency. Our home is always open to anyone who should need a place to rest. Weather that be during a natural disaster or just for a Sunday night dinner.  If your house is prepared serving others is a non-issue..

21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet..

Did you know that scarlet was considered pretty fancy in bible days.. It meant that things are well in your household to have colored garments. It was the best of the best.. Are you providing the best of the best that you can? I don't mean top of the line of everything.. but the absolute best for your family. Sometimes that is hand me downs or consignment bargains but you can find the best of the best on the cheap if you shop wisely. From everything you need to provide a warm, loving, pretty home environment for you home, to clothing for your family. It doesn't always mean new..

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

Can you snicker at what Satan has in store for you? Are you confident no only in your own abilities but most of all in what GOD is able to do for you. I have seen God work miracles during my husbands unemployment.. during hurricane Sandy.. He is so much more then we give him credit for because we tend to only trust ourselves, but when we do our best WITH God.. It's an amazing outcome.  Can you tell others of God's mercies, and grace in your life.. Can you instruct someone on his teachings and provide instruction on how to survive a situation..

27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.

If you are busy about your home and your family.. you won't have time for drama and stress. I often see women complaining about who is a gossip or who has done this or that to them.. But if you remain busy about your OWN family and your OWN affairs.. You can live a relatively stress free life.

28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:.

This is what is most important to me.. Will my children be blessed by how I provide for them? Will they be able to bless someone else because of what they learned in our home? Will they serve freely in their own families one day?Are they seeing the love of Jesus demonstrated daily, hourly, minutely.. in my life? And for my husband.. Does he know that while he is out earning the income.. His home is being cared for, his children are being nurtured? He has a warm, secure, place to return to.. Where upon his arrival is a place of comfort, a wife with a kiss and hug and children who are happy to see him?

Taking and applying these principles will help you weather any storm.

Blessings~



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cool Temps = Warm Meals

Hubby was in an accident....

Home Love Hammock Style