God is sooo Good...

Last week the water heater in our house went, AGAIN! I think this is the third or fourth water heater we've had to put in, within the last 10 years. UGH!

Anywho, Hubby and I are following Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University course and we are no longer using credit cards to make purchases. (check out dave ramsey he's awesome at http://www.daveramsey.com/)

So the water heater goes and we know have to dip into our Emergency Fund, one of the baby steps, in becoming debt free. Well we already had dipped into about two weeks ago to fix surburban. SO we were a little short. And becasue we no longer have credit cards, no way to buy a new water heater.

So we prayed about it, and resided ourselves to being without one for a few weeks. For me that would mean boiling pots of water to do dishes and give baths. :)

Ok no problem this could be fun, really.... :)

So about 4 days go by, and hubby notices that a guy as the industrial park where he works happens to have a hot water heater just sitting in his garage.
Now to me, I imagine this as a choir of "aaaahhhh" and light from heaven beam down on the water heater when dh notices it. He assures me that this is not how it happened.

Anywho, the owner is not around that day. Dh comes home, tells me he saw and says I'm gonna ask how much he wants for it? I'm thrilled. God has answered our prayers he provided the much needed water heater, hopefully?!

Next day dh see the owner of the shop, and asks.."Hey, whatcha doin with that water heater?".. the guy (Mark) says, "Why, you WANT it?" Dh of course enthusiastically replies, "yes please".. and lo and behold we have a brand new, Larger then before water heater for the house!!! Praise God!! He is sooo good to us!!! For FREE!!BTW~~~

By being faithfull God provided for our need. We trusted and he gave. I love when the Lord surprises us in this way. Althought it really shouldn't be a surprise.
Scripture is clear...

~Philippians4:19
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.


I really had resigned myself to the extra work it would take until we had the rest of the funds saved.

Check out what Dave Ramsey is teaching. Hubby and I have learned sooo much from taking the course, and we look forward to "living like noone else, so we can live like noone else".

Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cool Temps = Warm Meals

Hubby was in an accident....

Home Love Hammock Style