attempting to stay cool...

We are in the middle of a huge heat wave. Temps have been reaching high 90's and with humidity it feels like 100+ degrees.

In my attempts to keep cool plus keep us eating healthy. I have a veggie tray made up and in the fridge, with some celery, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, cucumbers and homemade ranch dressing. The ranch dressing is fabulous and delicious and soooooo easy to make. We have of course some homemade raspberry ice tea, homemade lemonade, ice cold water and I even broke down and bought some 'barrel bombs" as my kids like to call them. We are loaded with ice cream too!! Thank Goodness it was on sale this week, for $1.99 a almost half gallon. Oh yeah, and when did that change....????

Anywho~ today the kids went up to the club house for crafts, nice and cool in there. Then we packed up and went to my moms to use the pool. It was a wonderful refreshing treat. I miss not having our pool up anymore.

It's clean out the refrigerator night, or CORN~ so dinner will be simple and no fuss, although Ashley is trying her hand at homemade pasta.

Here's the recipe for the ranch dressing, this is very forgiving and you can add/take away what you like/don't like. For a dip like texture don't add the milk.

Shanna's Ranch~ (this is my best buddy that gave me the recipe)
1 C Mayo
1/2 C Sour Cream
1/2 C Milk OR Buttermilk
1 T lemon juice
1 t onion powder
1/2 t minced garlic
2 t parsley
dash of dill
1/2 t salt
1/2 t seasoned salt
pepper to taste.

Now, I leave out season salt, use on a couple of twist of sea salt. Add tons of garlic and dill..cause we like it like that, and no onion powder cause I didn't have any! :)

Enjoy!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cool Temps = Warm Meals

Hubby was in an accident....

Home Love Hammock Style