Eggplant & Ziti

Ok, so I am just thrilled to be using up things from my garden. Recently I picked about 7 Italian eggplants from the garden and had to use them up.

This is what I made.... :)

Step 1. Fire Roast some delicious Red Peppers



Next cut up eggplant into bite size pieces, sea salt and pepper them up then add to your favorite cast iron skillet with some evoo!!! :) Cook until tender. Roughly 10 mins.



Then add a 28oz can of crushed tomatoes, I love Tuttorossa Brand!
I at this point also added several cloves of garlic. Allow to simmer for about 45 minutes on low, until eggplant is nice and soft.



I rough chopped a handful of fresh basil, also out of my garden... (heehee)



Throw that in, then add those lovely roasted red peppers, make sure you peel the skin off!!! :)

Grate on some stinky feet cheese AKA, Parmigiana/Romano...



Make ziti, penne, whatever you like!!!

Ladle this thick deliciousiousness on top, more stinky cheese, garlic bread, and

ENJOY!!!!!!



So delicious!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cool Temps = Warm Meals

Hubby was in an accident....

Home Love Hammock Style