Mother's Day 2013


This year was probably the first year in 18 years that I didn't spend Mother's Day in tears.

Eighteen years ago, my grandmother passed away on Mother's Day.  She was such a sweet, compassionate woman.. always ready to feed anyone who walked in.  This is definitely one thing I've picked up from her!

 This was also the first time in 5 years that we didn't spend camping. With hubby's new job, we are experiencing a lot of change.

Change is good though.

SO this year, I was determined to make Mother's Day Special for me and my children, especially with all the changes.

I started with preparing on Saturday Night. I set the table with fancy plates. I set out the punch bowl, and we had a wonderful breakfast early Sunday morning before Church.

It was quite pleasant. We had: blueberry muffins, pancakes, biscuits with sausage gravy, ambrosia, a delicious cranberry pomegranate punch, and fresh coffee.

My daughter bought me a beautiful centerpiece of flowers. With a yellow vase, my favorite color. And my favorite candy bar was on the table too! :)

We ate and then headed to church. Our service was wonderful. My pastor played a few games to honor mothers and I won a plant. :)

The message was wonderful as well.

We then went to the park and my daughter worked her photography magic and took some great family photos of us.

We came home and had a dinner of surf and turf. :) 

It was an over all wonderful day. I am thankful that for the first time in years I was able to get through Mother's Day without shedding tears of sadness, but I was able to truly enjoy my family.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cool Temps = Warm Meals

Hubby was in an accident....

Home Love Hammock Style