"Entertaining"

"It isn't so much what's on the table that matters, as what's on the chairs."

~William S. Gilbert


Came across this quote on facebook, and loved it.

Often times we as busy people tend to forget about what is important. Especially when we think about entertaining others.

We look at joyful fellowship as entertaining. 

People will often say to me "oh you like to entertain".  And I really don't "entertain"

I break bread, I fellowship, I visit, I invest, I listen, I hug, I cry and I laugh, with each person that comes into my home.

As Christians if we adapt the worldly way of entertaining we miss the above.

The world says make sure you house is 100% complete before you have people in. Make sure the drapes are hung, there is fancy new furniture in each and every room. China to serve a meal on. Alcohol to serve, 4, 5, 6, 7 course meals. Show your friends how accomplished you are by serving filet mignon and lobster tails. Talk about the "finer" things in life. Brag, boast.. make it all about you (secretly), while you tell your guests it's all about them. Smile that big cheesy grin. Come on, you know the one.. The smile that says. "it's all wonderful here" Even though that is NOT how your life is. Put on the show.. ENTERTAIN!!!


That is NOT how Christians should be. We are called to break bread with other believers. God didn't say "Only if" .. your house is clean, large enough, you own plush sofas!!

He is not worried about that.. He is concerned about the people in the chairs!!!!!

Fellowship should be sweet, uplifting, prayerful, enjoyable.

You don't need filet mignon and lobster tails. Homemade pizza works wonders. People love it.
You don't need super clean. Your home is lived in by you and your family.. I've got news for you so are others homes!

Our hearts are what matter.

We have an open house every Sunday.. and sometimes during the week, I just put out what were doing for dinner let people make the decision to come. Sometimes, I get a houseful and sometimes no one shows up.
It's all a matter of who God brings. I love fellowship with believers, I love fellowship with unbelievers, my favorite is the type of fellowship with both.

Your home can be a ministry. Open it up. Don't sweat the small stuff. Keep is Simple Silly!

Allow God to use you! Don't think of it as "entertaining" , look at it as fellowshipping with people you love, witnessing to those whom are unsaved, building each other up in the Lord.

My home is always open, some days you may find it neat and clean.. Others you may have to step over piles of toys and clothes to make your way to the kitchen. Either way the door is open, You are Welcome.

Don't be concerned with things of this world.

Love thy Neighbor! Open the door. Let people in..

~~~Blessings~~~






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cool Temps = Warm Meals

Hubby was in an accident....

Trusting God..to not nag!