Update

I'm currently looking out my bedroom window at the pink hue in the sky. The sun is setting over the mountain. It's a much different scene then the sun setting over the bay. Beautiful none the less.

I remember 9 months ago, thinking what a breeze this would be for us. My husband took a job out of state for the betterment of our family. I sent him off to live alone, while I held the fortress down home.

It seems easy in my mind back then, I compared it to military men doing their tours , pa Ingalls leaving on a hunting expedition. It seemed so romantic back then.

But the past 9 months have been extremely trying, scary, joyful, exhausting, peaceful, and just downright a big mix of emotions. I felt so lonely at times even though I was surrounded by my children. 

This was my children's first year in public school, the first year in over 20 years that I went back to work full time and the first time I've ever had to experience life as a single mom. While I was blessed to have the emotional support of my husband, his presence was missed.

Last Friday we made the final trek out to Pennsylvania.

We are home. All of under one roof again. I
am so happy to be together again.

Today the exhaustion of the last 9 months hit me like a brick wall. 
My body is physically in pain, my emotions are all over the place, and my throat is sore.

I'm currently propped up in my bed, writing my blog. Because this is the first time in months I've had the time to do it.

More to come...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cool Temps = Warm Meals

Hubby was in an accident....

Home Love Hammock Style