God taught me this week..

It has been a quite a week here in our home..But God has taught me soo much. How thankful I am to know the Lord and have his love.

We have been sick, very very sick here this past week. Now for those of you who know us well. You know we don't get ill. And lately the Lord has been teaching me that "yes, you do".

It started off with my oldest not feel well at all! She literally woke up one morning crying..This is not my daughter! Off to the dr. we went. Now I knew as soon as she rolled out of bed, threw on a pair of boots and her coat..That she was ill. She is a normal 16 year old girl, who normally wouldn't been seen outside without her hair and make up done and dressed oh so fashionable cute! :)

Dr. diagnosis pneumonia..Whoa!! Where did that come from?!!?! Ok, we can handle that. So off to bed she goes, meanwhile here at the fort Grandma had been holding the place down, while it was being winterized and watching the rest of the hooligans for me. So we fill scripts, and come home. Grandma goes on her merry way.. #1 hits her bed, and I don't see for about 3 days! :)
Just kidding, she did come out and of course I regularly brought her ginger ale, water and licorice sticks! :) That was on a Friday.

Saturday I spent the entire day cooking! I was going to post on that, but that post was delayed due to...well you'll find out in the rest of the entry. I made several batches of soup, 6 turkey pot pies, and some other goodies.

Saturday night, #4, #5 and Mama all get low grade fevers. hhhhmmmmmmmmm....
ok No biggie..Mama decided that all sickies will stay home from church, on Sunday.

Sunday rolls around, #4, #5 are running high temps..hhhmmm..ok, Check in on Ash, she's still running fever but doing "better". Ok, we can handle this.
Head to bed Sunday night and Mama has developed a cough..She thinks that if she takes a sleepy time medicine she will get a good nights rest, beat whatever is catching all the kiddos and be a happy little nurse here in her home.
(insert some dramatic music here..followed by suspense...dunt, dunt, dunnnn.....)

Not happening..I went to bed around midnight sunday, after some thieves oil rub downs on some little girls. and doses of advil/tylenol for fevers..
Only to have #3 come in my bedroom/infirmary saying he has a headache, and his body hurts, I quickly begin to see a pattern as #5 wakes up in a screaming delirium about monsters under her pillow and in the closet, #4 then wakes crying she has bad pain in her legs and arms, and I'm caught somewhere between is this really happening to me and shouldn't I be sleeping state of mind..
Again, i can do this...quick swipe of all foreheads leads to 102 fevers all around including Mama!!!
AAAacccchhHH!!!!!!!!

Ok, get everyone settled, into my bed, yes I said everyone, Dh happily left mumbling something about "stay away from me, I don't want to get sick"... (insert evil laugh)
Monday 6 am..Mama finally hits the pillow.
8am, everyone is up..time for more medicine, and lots and lots of resting.
It was during this time that I realized the entire night had passed, I had a wicked headache, 4 out of my 5 children are super sick and I am as well.....that....... God.......had...........
worked a miracle in me..........

I was wiped......I normally in my own selfishness DO NOT do well without at least 4 hours of sleep, and I had 2 in the last 48. Plus I had a high fever of my own..
But as I was taking care of everyone, and as we were resting together, I realized I developed a severe case of patience.. I mean severe!!!!

This I know was the LORD!!! HIS presence was in me that night!!! I in my own weakness, could not have been that kind woman, that just took it all in and on.
We are RARELY sick here and NEVER ALL at the SAME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I envy those ladies!!! How strong the must be!! How I could never make it, if that happened to me..blah, blah, blah...

But the Lord in his infinite wisdom showed me ..WE can.. HIM working through me can handle it all.


~Colossians 1:11
being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience,~

It's been almost a full week. #1, is feeling better and is itching to get out of the house, #3, #4, and #5's fevers disappeared on day three as well as mine. We are still struggling with a serious case of the coughs, but otherwise healthy!

The tail end of the virus is here. Big Daddy and #2 are currently down with it, if it follows the same pattern #2, should be fever free tomorrow, and Big Daddy by Friday.

While we are not out of the woods, we are better.

Thanking God for his endless mercy and grace towards me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cool Temps = Warm Meals

Hubby was in an accident....

Trusting God..to not nag!