A time to rejoice and a time to mourn.....

Mother's Day always is a tough day for our family. It's filled with joy and saddness, or should I say rememberence.
You see this May, my grandmother will celebrate her 15th year in the kingdom of heaven, but we will slightly mourn another year of her not being here with us.

Grammy was sweet, always ready to feed an army, always ready to hear your complaints or share in your joy. She has the most beautiful voice. We loved to hear her sing some of the old time songs from her era. One of her favorites went like this " put another nickle in, in the nickleodeon, All I want is loving you and music, music, music. I'd do anything for you, anything you want me too, all I want is loving you and music, music, music,...."

That is something I sing to my babies at times. I hope someday they will sing it to thier children.

Another favorite memory is when I would visit her, she would be sitting in her spot on the sofa doing her grammy thing, but she would let me lay her my head in her lap and talk with her while she smoothed your hair, or rubbed your forehead. It was such as sweet tender time.

Oh and I loved her feet! They were so cute, tiny and fat! :) It reminds me of baby feet. When my girls have those chuncky legs, fat ankles and those fat, fat feet. I always have a quick flashback of my grandmother! It's funny what God uses to remind us of certain people.

Anywho, while I'm as sorrowful she is not here with our family. I rejoice that she is with the Lord!

Love and Miss you much Gram!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cool Temps = Warm Meals

Hubby was in an accident....

Trusting God..to not nag!