Mommy stuff...

I've been up since 5am, after not hitting the sack until midnight.
Three loads of laundry are done, and I've made pumpkin spice muffins for breakfast.
Loaded the dishwasher, hand washed what was left.
Poured two glass of raw milk for my little girls, while they have their muffins.
Both woke up snuffy, One son still on antibiotics for bronchitis.
I have a bill I must go pay today, and have to pick up hubby's script from pharmacy..

Did I mention we're camping this weekend, so we need clean laundry, food etc packed and ready for Friday, after son's re-check with Dr.

At times my schedule seems overwhelming. Among all that is going on, I still must school everyone, clean, take care of pets, love my husband, love my children and love my extended family as well.

It seems to me it is at these times I am often reminded by the Lord, how blessed I am.
My life would be dull without these 5 souls I have to love, nurture, care for and be a mommy too, no matter how old they get.

I am thankful for the loads and loads of laundry, how I will miss these busy days when my children are grown, and I have no clothes to wash.

I am thankful that warm muffins make my kids smile, and cold milk is a pleasure to them.

These busy days remind me that this is only a season...and season's change.

I am grateful for the smiles, the laughter, the sounds of kids playing together, the hum of the washer, dryer, dishwasher etc. All to soon will be a season of silence.

So how do we keep our cool and stay positive, we need to remember to be thankful in all circumstances! That means even when we are overstressed, overworked and underpaid, for our reward is not here on earth.

It means don't sweat the small stuff like spilled milk, a bad dog counter surfing for those muffins, cats that walk across your keyboard, a kids that wakes up and decides he doesn't like pumpkin muffins.

But remember it is only a season.
Ecclesiastes 3
A Time for Everything
1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, 3 a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, 6 a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, 7 a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be Check Spellingsilent and a time to speak, 8 a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.

I must sign off for now, as we speak a 'zip' line is being built in the house using yarn and hangers. :)

From My Home to Yours
Blessings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cool Temps = Warm Meals

Hubby was in an accident....

Trusting God..to not nag!