Proverbs 31 11 Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. 12 She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. The blaring ring of the phone woke me on Tuesday morning... 7:15am... I knew as soon as I looked at the clock, something was wrong. No one calls here that early.. I quickly peel a child out of my arms and trying to not wake her, before the phone does. She had a restless night. "hello" in a whisper.. as I was still in my bedroom. Walking out of my room, I hear my darling hubbys nervous voice, "I was in an accident" Me, "Are you ok"... Him, "yes" Me" do you need me to come?" Him, "no, I'll call you" He explained what happened. His company truck was pretty messed up, and the air bags went off. He said he had some airbag burn, felt ok, just stressed. Next call I got was from him in the police car, the officer was kind enough to drop him off at work. The convers...
So Amy over at http://homesteadrevival.blogspot.com/ has issued a challe nge to come up with 3 days worth of meals, that require little thought in case of a disaster. This weighs on my mind heavily, I am in a suburban area. So if stores shut down due to a disaster, I would be scared, and probably have to keep the guns handy. OR we would have to move to a 'safe' place. That is also on our mind, where we would venture too. We have family in Vermont and our camper we can take anywhere. Now somethings we always have on hand are water, charcoal, wood, so this could be use for cooking, and ice. I probably would first utilize what I could from refrigerator/freezer, store what food I can on what ever ice i have until that is gone and then go to meal boxes. I think it's wise to keep a hidden stock of juice boxes, canned v-8, or sunny d bottles for this purpose as well. Back to the meals: Day One: B-instant oatmeal, water bottles, L-canned fruit, tuna, mayo crackers-water bottle, ju...
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future After 24 years with his company, and after a seriously rough few weeks. My dh was let go from his job. I have such sadness, not because he was let go but more because this was originally my grandfathers business, and with dh working there.. it was still somehow a connection to my grandfather whose been gone for several years now. I will miss the smell of the "shop" . I will miss seeing the equipment my grandfather started out with in his garage. I will miss the familiarity of it all. It's a closing chapter for me personally. I still miss my grandfather. For my husband, I am happy. I can't imagine the pressure he felt in his life for him to come home from being fired and he physically looked relieved. He said for the first time in years he can breathe! What a sense of burden he must have felt. My...
Comments
Post a Comment