Proverbs 31 11 Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. 12 She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. The blaring ring of the phone woke me on Tuesday morning... 7:15am... I knew as soon as I looked at the clock, something was wrong. No one calls here that early.. I quickly peel a child out of my arms and trying to not wake her, before the phone does. She had a restless night. "hello" in a whisper.. as I was still in my bedroom. Walking out of my room, I hear my darling hubbys nervous voice, "I was in an accident" Me, "Are you ok"... Him, "yes" Me" do you need me to come?" Him, "no, I'll call you" He explained what happened. His company truck was pretty messed up, and the air bags went off. He said he had some airbag burn, felt ok, just stressed. Next call I got was from him in the police car, the officer was kind enough to drop him off at work. The convers...
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future After 24 years with his company, and after a seriously rough few weeks. My dh was let go from his job. I have such sadness, not because he was let go but more because this was originally my grandfathers business, and with dh working there.. it was still somehow a connection to my grandfather whose been gone for several years now. I will miss the smell of the "shop" . I will miss seeing the equipment my grandfather started out with in his garage. I will miss the familiarity of it all. It's a closing chapter for me personally. I still miss my grandfather. For my husband, I am happy. I can't imagine the pressure he felt in his life for him to come home from being fired and he physically looked relieved. He said for the first time in years he can breathe! What a sense of burden he must have felt. My...
A few years ago we were blessed to be able to purchase a used wood stove for the house for $75.00. We had a "fireplace insert" that just wouldn't heat the house well. And with the rising costs of natural gas suppliers, plus being on the goal of becoming as self sufficient as possible we began our search.
Through another homeschooling family, we were able to purchase Kodiak Wood stove . It was manufactured in the 80's. But, is in excellent condition and has been a blessing to our family.
Last year, we managed to get enough FREE wood to make it through the winter almost completely.
Since last year we have been collecting wood from various places, and should have plenty to make it through the winter totally and may even have some for next year. :)
I love, love, love the wood stove . Especially on cold winter nights.
So my men, well a couple of my mine were able to split and stack a LOT of wood, this past Saturday .
This was the start and ...
Comments
Post a Comment