Feeling Overwhelmed??

So I sat down a few hours ago to plan my week. Yup, I do this every Sunday night with the intention of sharing it with a friend of mine, every Monday. It's an accountability thing. :)

After a super busy weekend of shopping, Costco, Shop-Rite (can-can sale), Kohls, A&;P and Walgreens, Home Depot and a few other I probably forgot about by now... I'm overwhelmed!!!

And as I started to photo copy school work, I realized that the printer is running out of black ink.  It's OK, I say to self.. you have another cartridge. But alas, I do not. I have another color cartridge but not black!

Thump, head hits the table. I'm tired, I've ran all weekend, between chores, vehicle hiccups, parties and so much more. It's late Sunday night, and I'm overwhelmed and feeling unprepared for the week.

Now, I know that it's not completely true, but Satan sure has a way of sneaking up on me and making me feel real guilty about what I haven't done.

And that is a lie. A lie from the deceiver to take us away from our Heavenly Father who loves us.

That feeling of "I can't possibly" needs to be turned into "I can do all things through Christ who Strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13)

We need to be continually seeking His will and His strength for us to have success, in this area of weakness. We can't buy into the lies, that we are not good enough.

You know the lies, the ones that whisper in your ear, " your not a good mother, your a horrible wife, your husband doesn't really love you, your friends think your a fool, you aren't pretty, your hair is a mess, your too heavy, your to skinny, (yes, i have friends that have been told this ;) ) Your children don't like you, Your neighbors think your crazy Jesus freaks, ( We are, it's OK!)

These are some of the lies that stop you from being you. Because your so focused on lies that any little act of service to your family becomes overwhelming.

reality check: we are called to serve our families.

I mean let's face we're swamped with the whole "me time" debacle. Everyone needs their me time... Husbands who work out of the home spend more time with the people they work with then their own families!  Hence why it's important ladies to keep your husband interested in you!! :)  No frump when he comes in. Just a pretty smilin' wife. ;)

A couple of suggestions if your feeling overwhelmed:

1. Evaluate, Evaluate, Evaluate... Everything!!!
    Is it a priority?
     Will anyone be detrimentally harmed if it doesn't happen?

2. Remove what isn't an absolute pertinence.


   3.  Let His will be your guide.


4. Learn to enjoy your family again. Don't buy into the lies!!!

Sometimes there are periods in your life, where you gonna feel overwhelmed because of circumstances. (new baby, job change, financial drop or gain, moving, illness, etc)
 Don't let the circumstances define you. Just roll with the punches and when you can get back up, DO SO, with the strength of the Lord behind you.

Duet. 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.


Our heavenly father will NEVER leave us or FORSAKE US!! NEVER!!!

So saddle up, and get back on that horse. Grab an accountability partner if you feel you need that. It's OK!!! Let a sister in Christ help you. Or better yet, let your husband be that partner.. Share your desires. Share your strengths, and share your weaknesses with him.

Don't let overwhelmed, keep you from missing out on life.

From My Heart To Yours..
~~Blessings~~



Comments

  1. I feel like I've been having one of those days for a while now so I'm very glad you wrote this. Thank you Carrie, for giving us the opportunity to read it. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cool Temps = Warm Meals

Hubby was in an accident....

Trusting God..to not nag!