A Mommy Moment...

While folding laundry today.. I asked my older son if he had outgrown a sweatshirt, he said yes, it can be passed down to son #2.

It reminded me of how much I wanted an older brother when I was younger. I was raised an only child. While in school they would send home flyers to adopt an older child, and I would BEG my mom to adopt me an older brother.. I think I was around 10 years old at the time.

I longed to feel that security of an "older" sibling. I longed to be comforted by a male.

Now as I watch my oldest daughter, relate to the next in line Her brother...It's funny how God gave me her first, but with him second..and growing as much as he has this past year, He is about even height with his sister, and outweighs her!

All this to say, while we were out one night.. My daughter complained she was cold and her younger brother..offered her his hoodie.

It made me smile! Among the common sibling rivilery is the bond of siblings.

Blessings
Carrie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cool Temps = Warm Meals

Hubby was in an accident....

Home Love Hammock Style