Embarking on a Healthy(ier) Lifestyle

So we are taking a healthy life challange. Not anything that is already out there, just Daddy and I sitting down and discussing a new plan for eating, exercising, and mental health. :)

My job is to get the best possible food at the best possible price. We are elminating all boxed/processed foods. Now I've got to be honest we don't use much boxed/processed as it is. SO this will be a challenge for me.

Last night, I made a delicious meal of roasted chicken with asparagus and cherry tomatoes!! It was soooo good. Thank You Jamie Oliver!!! :)

I got a huge bunch of asparagus from Top Tomatoe for 2.49, a box of cherry tomatoes 1.99 and the chicken breast we had.

A little olive oil in the bottom of a aluminum tin, put in asparagus, tomatoes, salt and pepper, rosemary. Mix it all up, Lay chicken breasts on top. A little more olive oil, a twig of rosemary, a splash of white wine.

Because I made 8 Chicken breasts it took about an hour for it to be done. You could probably do these in foil packets on the grill if you'd like. :)

This was sooo good. I drizzle with balsamic vinger and we ate!! Yummy..

Ashley made a delicious homemade rice pilaf to go with it! :)

I'm going to try posting a menu on here, once I have one planned.

In the meantime I will enjoy the hunt for healthy recipes, local food finds and eating what is in season! :)

BLessings
Carrie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cool Temps = Warm Meals

Hubby was in an accident....

Trusting God..to not nag!